The Greek Experience – Remo Training Days
- The Reps spend the first day observing a Hive Athens Pop-Up event.
- Then the next 2 days are dedicated to developing local strategy and teaching skills; and finally
- The Reps apply the lessons they have on a one day event teaching webmaking to a group of 100 students at the British Council.
The outcome from this event was phenomenal, with over 40 events being planned for the next 3 months to build local Webmaker mentor team and prototype events for the summer campaign, code-named Remix Party. The vibrancy of the geographical locations for which events were planned speak for themselves. From Taiwan to Indonesia, India to Mauritius, Kenya, Uganda, Romania, UK, France, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Canada + beyond, we had events being planned everywhere.
It was an amazing example of Hive + Webmaker Reps, with the local community stepping up to host the event. The energy levels of everyone at the event spoke for themselves.
Here are the links for some of the most awesome things from the event:-
- RemoTrainingDays Etherpad, inc. agenda: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/RTD
- The things Reps want to work on/make/contribute to: https://docs.google.com/a/zythepsary.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aku8434q8_LPdHVHSU9CNlpkZVRZQ0U5Q0VtS0RhMHc#gid=6
Oops! Almost forgot – we also made our own Harlem Shake Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/tn4Evp8BN1U
Posted on March 13, 2013, in Events & Meetups, Mozilla and tagged Athens, British Council, Event, mozilla, open source, ReMo, remotrainingdays, TeachTheWeb, technology, thimble, Webmaker. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.