Sayak Sarkar – Curriculum Vitae
Nationality : Indian
Languages Known : English, Bengali and Hindi
Skype ID : live:sayak.sarkar
Phone no. : (+91) 9637979905
Email ID : sayak.bugsmith<at>gmail.com
GitHub : https://github.com/sayak-sarkar/
Instant Messaging : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: January 2013 – June 2013
Web Developer and Community liaison.
• Issue Tracking Systems: Bugzilla, GitHub, Asana, Lighthouse
• Web Content Management Systems: WordPress, Drupal
Red Hat: June 2012 – November 2012
Designation: Technical Translations (l10n) Intern
Technical translations for the bn-IN (Bengali) locale.
• l10n Tools: Lokalize, Transifex, Pootle
• Version Control System: Mercurial (hg)
SDRCLabs: June 2011 – May 2013
Designation: Web Developer
Development and Management of Web based Systems for Symbiosis International University.
• Database Management System: mySQL
• Issue Tracking Systems: Bugzilla, Redmine
• Version Control System: Git, Mercurial (hg)
• Content Management Systems: WordPress, Drupal
1. Master of Science in Computer Applications (Specialization: Software Development) from Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research, in 2013
2. Bachelor Of Science with Honours in Computer Science from the University of Calcutta, in 2011.
3. High School (Indian School Certificate) from St. Joseph & Mary’s School, Kolkata in 2008.
4. Secondary School (I. C .S. E.) from Meghmala Roy Education Centre, Kolkata in 2006.
Other Projects Undertaken:-
• Google Summer of Code 2013: Developed the official WordPress app for Firefox OS. Project page: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/sayak_sarkar/62001
• Google Summer of Code 2012: Developed a new visual-based keyboard layout system for the Bengali Language under the organization Ankur India. Project page: http://sayak-sarkar.github.com/Disha
• The Couch Potato: This was an early attempt at developing a Content Management System while learning PHP by me along with one of my classmates. This was a PHP based CMS which used a mySQL database as the back end. The source code for the same can be found here: https://github.com/sayak-sarkar/The-Couch-Potato
1. Mozilla Representative (ReMo): Currently a Mozilla volunteer and representative. Involved in various voluntary engagements such as Mozilla Webmaker, Mozilla Support (SUMO), Bengali Localizations (l10n), and News Mozilla (NeMo). Link to Mozilla Reps Profile – https://reps.mozilla.org/u/sayak_bugsmith/
2. Ankur India: Contributor for Bengali Localization activity for various Open Source namely Mozilla, GNOME and LibreOffice.
3. Public Speaking/Workshop: Occasional speaker / workshop driver on Open Web Technologies, Firefox OS, Webmaker Tools, FOSS technologies, etc. My slideshows from various events can be found at my slideshare acoount at: http://www.slideshare.net/sayak_sarkar/
Fill-up the following form to directly get in touch with me:-